46-0-0 for ornamental shrubs question

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Greenkeep, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Perfection is best achieved with healthy plants... What they expect to be perfect,,, often times looks like substandard nonesense,becuz their plants are sickly and weak...
    Only their delusions make them believe it is 'perfect'...

They can't admit to themselves that someone else's turf, ornamentals etc. looks better than theirs so they just believe that by throwing money at a situation makes it better... believe me,,, your LI delusionals are no different than the WI delusionals...

If they asked me to 'fertilize' the woody shrubs,,, I'd just charge a big price for little compost... everyone is better off and no lies were told... :)
  2. Greenkeep

Greenkeep LawnSite Member
    from LI, NY

Great point, well spoken
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

If you need to fert shrubs, use a L&O fert such as Osmocote instead of 46-0-0. They are a much slower release form of fert.
  4. countryclublawnllc

countryclublawnllc LawnSite Member

That small rate will move right thru. But I like the poly coats for landscape areas also.

SOONER GREEN LawnSite Member

Yes, we used 1.5 lbs. of N per 1000 sq. ft. with Feature 6-0-0.

3.25 lbs. of urea in how ever much water you put out per 1000. and 3 lbs. of feature 6-0-0 in 100 gal.
  6. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

46-0-0?!?!? You're going to give those plant a Nitro "high" by pushing a lot of foliar growth. Could also risk turf and root burn. Go w/ a balanced slo-release. Honestly....46-0-0 sounds like a cheap UBM that TruGreen would use!
  7. that's a no no in the sunshine state...a lot of plants here need extra minors...def don't need to be pushing excess vegetative growth. most of our natives dont even need routine fert
    Posted via Mobile Device