Lawn Care Forum banner

46,000 members- how long?

3K views 31 replies 27 participants last post by  KUBOTADAN 
#1 ·
Theres over 46k members of LS now, how many do you think will still be in the mowing business [primary source of income] in 10 yrs ???? :confused:

And I only mention LS as a bases for numbers, everyone knows theres a lot more grass cutters than just 46K

#2 ·
Read a state of the industry report in one of the trade mags yesterday and it mentioned about 90,000 LCO's in the US (and you know there are way more!), but to answer your question less than 20%. Also, I like to go through the archives and look at the old threads and, for whatever rhyme or reason, quite a few of the posters back then are no longer here now.

#5 ·
olderthandirt said:
Theres over 46k members of LS now, how many do you think will still be in the mowing business [primary source of income] in 10 yrs ???? :confused:

And I only mention LS as a bases for numbers, everyone knows theres a lot more grass cutters than just 46K
there are 46000 members here but only around still post. thats probably about the same percentage that will still be around in 10 years. lets see that would be 1%.

#6 ·
olderthandirt said:

I definitely think there are more part time operations on LS....... rather than full time that use their business as a primary income.
So I think the percentage of members here that will be still be in biz, will be low simply because from what I see from around our area, part time businesses get bored, find out it's not all that easy to make a good profit unless truly motivated and goal oriented, and jump ship.

But there will be plenty more members signing up all with the dream to own a lawn business.

#7 ·
1MajorTom said:
I definitely think there are more part time operations on LS....... rather than full time that use their business as a primary income.
So I think the percentage of members here that will be still be in biz, will be low simply because from what I see from around our area, part time businesses get bored, find out it's not all that easy to make a good profit unless truly motivated and goal oriented, and jump ship.

But there will be plenty more members signing up all with the dream to own a lawn business.
I gotta agree with Jodi...plus in 10 years from now (or less God willing), I plan on coming out to see and harass you in person as much as I can Mac :clapping:

#12 ·
I wonder that myself. I only notice about 50-70 posters... and only about 30 that are daily regular posters.

???????????????/

#14 ·
Im sure I'll still be in the lawn business in 10 years, but i will have another business going by that time, and working that full-time. So i doubt i'll be on here. I may check back to see if the sie still exists...lol.

#19 ·
It's a whole different group on here now than what was on here 5 or 6 years ago. There are a couple of us left. There are some real cool people on here now, but there were some really cool people on here then. God, I would love to know how so many of those guys are doing now. Most are still in the business, some are not, I'm sure. I know there are a few of them hanging out on some of the other sites, but only seldomly do I ever get over to those.

#20 ·
Vbulletin has a function, so that you can look at someone's profile, and see when they were last onsite. This function seems to be gone from this site, so it's hard to say how many members are active nowadays.
I'd say most of the 46,000 have gotten "real jobs" by now. There will be more new guys to replace them.

#21 ·
I'll still be here.:waving:

#25 ·
crawdad said:
I'd say most of the 46,000 have gotten "real jobs" by now.
I've heard that said at various times all throughout my life, regardless of what job I held, so what exactly IS a real job?

///////////////////
As for registration vs. participants, on the Internet high numbers don't impress me. I have a site where folks have to register to play a game, I would say for every 100 registered players, maybe 7-8 are active, more like 3-4.
So 46000 X .05 = 2,300 which, if you consider that most likely LS has no aging (meaning accounts never get deleted), is still a high number of active participants. However, just because someone doesn't post does not, IMO, make them a non-participant, they're just silent but they're here.
I'd say maybe 500-1000 unique visitors come to this site in a given day, but it could be more, I don't know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.