1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by bastalker, Jun 8, 2003.

1. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got a dig. camera, and got a few great picks, but bein the computer illiterate individual that I am, I cant seem to get em to post...Files to big or something like that...Help is greatly appreciated:D :drinkup:
  2. Mr.Stripey Lawn Care

Mr.Stripey Lawn Care LawnSite Member

open them with ms paint, and go into the image attributes at the top of the screen. click on the stretch and skew button, and in the stretch, put 75% or less. make sure you put the same in the height and width, or your picture will get a funky look to it. Save it and check the properties of it until you find a file size that is acceptable. you will have to experiment. There is easier ways, but I don't remember them.

Good luck.
  3. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Save the photos to you drive or disk.

To resize open the file in your photo program. Paint or whatever. There will be a function to resize. Get the meter to show pixels instead of inches. Then change the pixel number to something less than 640 for height and width. Then save it back to the drive.

From the window below it asks for browse and you direct it to where the photo is on your puter: drive, folder, file....

The photos are the fun part!
  4. Rooster

Rooster LawnSite Senior Member

When you resize your pics try making them 450 X 450 I have been told that size will be easier on the server. Also try to get around 72 dpi.

If you are unable to resize email them to me I will resize them and email them back to you.

Good Luck!

5. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help guys!!:)