48-52" ZT mower that won't beat the crap out of you

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 026TB4U, Jan 20, 2005.

1. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

What do you guys think is the smoothest riding commercial ZT over bumpy and rough terrain in the 48-52" range? I like the Gravely 148Z and the JD717, but I'm concerned about the ride. I know Ferris IS1000Z has a front suspension, but no rear until the 1500Z comes out. Is it worth waiting for the 1500Z or does the front-only suspension make a difference?

Any others?

Thanks in advance.

2. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

026tb4u, From your previous thread I can see that you need a 52" Hustler super mini z. It comes with a suspension seat , is very fast and manuverable. It also has good trim capacity on the left side . Just my .02.

3. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

How much is that machine? I'm really trying to keep it under $6k.

4. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

I saw a post the other day titled " can anyone get a 2005 hustler wb cheaper than $4600 + tax ?" in post 21 ScCo says they run $ 6800. Its a little over the top, but I really think it suits your needs very well.

5. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

I'm going to a dealer this weekend that has both Hustler and Exmark, so I'll check into them. I did speak to him on the phone and he said he likes Hustler better because the Lazer HP is single cylinder and the Hustler is twin.

6. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

BTW Ever since I first saw your tagline, I've been meaning to ask what you have that is so fast ? Like the Beach Boys sang " you don't know what I got" so how do you know yours is faster ? It just so happens that I have a Nissan P/U, so if your not on a bicycle you got me beat.

7. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Actually, that was a tag on a Mustang GT I used to own. The tag along with the car got stolen, but I always use the name on forums.

Scratch what I said about the single cylinder Exmark, that was the CT. I've been looking over the Super Z specs and it does look nice.

8. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

Made a phone call and my dealer has a 30 hour demo 24HP/52" Super Z with a mulch kit for $6695. He sells the same mower non-demo for $7195.

9. 026TB4U

026TB4U LawnSite Member

So does anyone have an opnion on the Super Z deal above? Good, bad, okay, sucks?

I really want to try out the Ferris IS 1500Z before I buy, so I hope they come out soon.

10. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Not bad... I think I would offer him $6000 and see what he says.