1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

48" bunton with wisconsin robin help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by shutzero, Aug 28, 2009.

1. shutzero

shutzero LawnSite Member
    from ct

just bought a 48" bunton walkbehind with a wisconsin robin engine...WI-450v is the model number. we have spark, and it turns over with compression. its just not starting...any help on this?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

How many lbs. compression ?

Is there fuel in the carb ?

3. shutzero

shutzero LawnSite Member
    from ct

havent measured compression yet and there was fuel in the carb but now theres not. we poured gas right into the carb and got it to run for about 5 seconds but now it wont fire up

4. shutzero

shutzero LawnSite Member
    from ct

cleaned the carb out and got it running! blowing a lot of white smoke though...what could that be

5. Restrorob

If the unit has been sitting for a while it could be condensation build up in the crankcase, Change the oil and let it run a while to see if it clears up.

6. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Never seen one with a wisconsin
    You should post pics.

7. shutzero

shutzero LawnSite Member
    from ct

ill get one up after i clean it and make it look all nice ;) also, were having issues with the deck being level and the wheel being all bent and stuff...seems like it might have been dropped or something

8. shutzero

shutzero LawnSite Member
    from ct

couple more questions...what weight oil should i use in this? and also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for the electric start? theres one wire coming out of the starter that isnt connected and i dont know where it goes...also, theres no battery on it so im just trying to figure out what goes where

9. shutzero

shutzero LawnSite Member
    from ct

I can't find a recoil for this thing...it's a wi450v anyone know where I can get one?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Restrorob

For the oil I would use 30 or 40w, As for the electrical that may be fun. I didn't see a unit listed with a W/R engine.

You can gander around HERE at different units/diagrams and see if yours is similar to any of them. Click "Product Line" then the blue down arrow on the right, Then click "Schiller Grounds Care" then GO.....

HERE is a engine parts manual that came from HERE so you should be able to purchase recoil parts from them.

Good Luck