48"commerical mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craig T, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Craig T

Craig T LawnSite Member

Looking to buy a 48" hydro w/b mower for mulching only must have the 17 Kaw motor. Mowing fesue and bermuda lawns.
    What the better mower Exmark, Bobcat, Scag, Gravley.

2. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Exmark Turf Tracer....great machine, and a great mulcher!!

3. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

Why 48" when you can get more bang for your buck with a 52"? Go with a 52". As for choice...I prefer Scag, but everyone has their opinion.

4. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

we run bobcats, but both others mentioned are good machines also.

i wouldn't get a 52" walk behind though. you will ind that many fenced in yards will either have a 36", 42", or 48" gate.
    if you have a 52" walk behind, the mower will not fit through most gates out there.

sometimes i wish we had a 36" mower, but seeing as though they are only $100.00 less than a 48" it jjust isn't worth the money.

JMO, kevin

5. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

All the above names are good but...... Gravely they suck. I had 3 of they year ago. We are talking a good 12 year ago. They might be better now but I wouldn't buy one. A 48" mower is the best mower for most lawns. Now days they are making gates wider.
    Also say your trailer brakes a 48" mower will fit in a full size pick up bed easy. Not to take anything away from a 52" mower but its up to you to weigh it out.
    Travis