48" encore walk behind

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ffemtlawnboy, May 6, 2008.

1. ffemtlawnboy

ffemtlawnboy LawnSite Member

i picked up a used 48" encore walk behind today, got home and off loaded it and realized the deck is sitting a little crooked. does anyone have any tips on how to level it out? also i would like to lower the cutting height but from looking at it, it looks like there are about 6 bolts that hold the deck in place but there is another bolt hole where i could lower the entire deck, am i correct about that.

i did post this on the repairs board but no replies as of yet. so any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

You raise and lower the cutting height on those by adjusting the washers on the front casters.

Here is a link to the owners manual.

http://www.encoreequipment.com/serv...ve/OperatorsManual/WBHydroOperatorsManual.pdf

3. ffemtlawnboy

thanx in2mown. now how about leveling the deck, the casters in the front both have the same amount of washers but the deck still seems to be a couple of kunt hairs off, any suggestions on that??

4. IN2MOWN

Im not to sure what you mean by leveling the deck? Is the back to high?

If so then the back bolts need to be lowered.

The owners manual will walk you though everything and where it needs to go.

5. ffemtlawnboy

read thru the entire manual and didn't see what i'm trying to explain. this is a right to left issue not a front to back if that clears it up any. i guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow morning when i run thru my yard to make sure everything is right before i take it on a job, after i run it in the morning i'll post back up unless anyone else has some input as what to do. in2mown thankyou for the link, it proved extremely helpful with all the height adjustment information, made sure i wrote it down in my planner to make sure i always have it with me.

6. IN2MOWN

No problem. I have used Encores for 15 years now and dont have to many complaints about them. Just make sure the spacers are even on both casters and the blades have the same amount of washers on them.

Good luck.

7. ffemtlawnboy

i can't wait for the morning to get back in my shop and make sure everything is right and run some passes in my yard thanx for the help again in2mown

8. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

check your pitch

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Will you please refrain from sing language like this on LS ?? It's offensive.

10. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

Also make sure your tire pressure is equal!