48' Exmark Ct; engine huge loss of power.

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by firstchoice1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. firstchoice1

firstchoice1 LawnSite Member

I have to start the rider and let it sit and run before I can even start to run it with the blades engaged. When I do it constantly sounds like it's going to stall, if the blades are too low or I'm going to fast. This happens when the grass is like 5 in in height or higher. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Travis

2. GPS

GPS LawnSite Member

I had a simular issue but i had a lesco 60in ryder. We took the fuel tanks off & clean them out, inside the tank there was a little filter where the hose connects it was plugged. Good luck. My mower would run for 20min then bogg down, then finally just stop. hope this helps

3. firstchoice1

firstchoice1 LawnSite Member

thanks gps, Ill check it out.

open to more ideas.

4. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Lots of possibilities. Clogged fuel filter, dirty air filter, dirty carb, loss of spark, low compression. I would check and/or replace your air and fuel filters and spark plugs. Check your spark to make sure both coils are firing (assuming it's a twin). If it's all fine, remove and clean your carburetor, clean all passages thoroughly. If it's still doing the same, check your compression for valve problems or pistons/rings. Good Luck