48 exmark hydro WB ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Groomer, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Tried posting this in the exmark section with no luck. I bought 2 new exmark 48" TT hydro's last year, mid-season. Both units have about 400 hrs. Both units have already snapped the spring that holds the hydro belt tight, resulting in immediate loss of drive. Anyone else have this problem? If so, was there a permanent fix?

2. BZB_Helpers

BZB_Helpers LawnSite Member

I have a viking hydro and i would guess around 700-800 hrs on it(no meter). I havent broken the spring, but on mine the spring is cutting through the metal stock where it mounts to (not the idler arm/pulley but the other side at the rear of the mower)

If you had both springs go at the same time and at the same location on the spring, id assume that its either a manufactuer defect or both of your mowers have the same thing wrong with them

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Wouldn't that be covered under warranty?

Haven't had that issue with mine. But I don't have 400 hours on it either, I only have about 250...

4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, they both were still covered under warranty. One actually broke last fall, and the other one broke last week.(I had to use a chain to winch it up out of a steep, wooded side lot). Was really wondering if this was a design flaw, and if exmark had adressed it as such.