48" exmark metro trouble

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by bradjmh, May 7, 2010.

1. bradjmh

bradjmh LawnSite Member

I have a 2002 exmark metro 48" with kawasaki engine. having trouble recently mower was backfiring at full throttle put new plugs in seems to be fixed, then i cut in tall grass and since then it will not run at full throttle, adjusted tranny belt helped but now when it runs at full throttle it fine then i engage blades and it does not rpm up like it used to sounds like throttle is not all the way up but is and bogs down a bit cutting grass like it is high but it is not, any way to adjust the full throttle speed? tried adjusting 2 screws by carb by seemed to only adjust idle... what could it be have new plugs fuel and air filter just sharpened blades too..

2. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

3. bradjmh

bradjmh LawnSite Member

kawasaki fh451v how do i rebuild carb? do i buy a kit? how do i get throttle and choke linkage off?

4. DT Lawn Care

DT Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You may not even need a kit, normally they just need to be cleaned. Not too familiar with these engines, but normally you just pull the 2 bolts/nuts holding the carb on, the gas line, and work the 2 linkages off. Maybe not on this one, somebody might be able to give you suggestions there.