48" eXmark owners... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

OK fellas, I could use some info and part #'s. I picked up a set of eXcalibers yesterday. Took them out of the box to install them for in the morning and as it turns out I don't have eXcaliber blades at all. It's some sort of notched foil blade. Is it even a highlift?

dsc_320.jpg

2. Envy Lawn Service

Here is a picture of them from the top. The # painted on them is 103-2527. What did I get instead of what I asked for?

dsc_319.jpg

3. xtremelawns

xtremelawns LawnSite Member

that is excalibur blades... see how the blade part is all the way down the edge. normal blades are only 2-3 inches of blade. thats just the notched ones.. there actually really good. i have them... The ones u have are the high lift non notched ones.. both the same.. one notched one not..

4. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Those are Excalibur notched airfoils, I have them on my Exmark.

Yes, they are high-lifts.

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Would rather have the notched. Say they work good, Locutus? Need to get some for mine.

6. Envy Lawn Service

I guess I'll slap them on and see how they do. I'm running a mulch kit though so it's certainly going to be interesting. I've never run notched foils but it doesn't look like they will create any inside clipping flow in towards the spindle.

7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Always wanted the mulch kit. Let me know how it works with that combination.

8. Envy Lawn Service

This is a view of the lift foil on that next blade that is sharpened entirely to the center. That's what I usually run but I'm out of them and can't find more. They have a really laid back cutting edge thats different from other blades. These bad boys are like super highlift mulchers. The lift angle rivals meg mows....

dsc_321.jpg

9. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

The blades look like standard high lift exmark blades. They are the best for side discharging and especially bagging. The standard mulch blade (curvy) is what works the best in my mowing conditions while mulching.

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

The notched foil high lifts are said to be better on wet grass. The solid foil are said to give a slightly better cut.

But for mulching use the Exmark mulching blades. I doubt the regular blades will be as good at that. Let me know if they are, though, since I have a ton of the regular ones and I now mulch all the time.