48" hustler SWB gators?

Discussion in 'Oregon™' started by PaulJ, Nov 3, 2003.

1. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Do you make a gator type blade for the 48" hustler? it is a 17" blade that is not flat. It drops down about 1/4 in on the ends. I don't know tha hole size right now. my dealer was unable to find a gator listed for this mower. Do you have anything that is close?
    And how soon can you get a set to Nebraska?

2. Oregon Tech

Oregon Tech LawnSite Member

It would help me a lot if you could give me the OEM number off of your old blade.

3. PaulJ

The number on the standard blade that came with the mower is:
    XL767111

Hope that helps. Thanks

4. Oregon Tech

I am sorry to say that we no longer make a Gator for that application. If I can help with anything else let me know.

5. PaulJ

Well you should start making them again. Why would you not make them anymore? Do you have any old stock left? With Hustlers new super walkbehinds getting more and more recognition they are going to become more popular I believe. Do you make a simple flat gator that would fit? I really want to use gators on this mower. Can you suggest anything similar?
    thie part number of the High lifts I got is:XL773431. does that help?

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Paul,
    Did you check with Hustler? I could swear the factory has them. If I have a chance I'll ask....
    Pete

7. Oregon Tech

I am sorry. I do not have anything to offer at this time. I don't know for sure why we do not offer it any more. It is more than likely due to the low volumes we had on that item.

8. PaulJ

I double checked the size. It's a 17 inch blade with a 1/2 in hole. the width isn't as critical to me because I want to use them as part of doubles.

)

9. Oregon Tech

The only thing that we offer close enough to help you is a
    99-917. This is 16-15/16" blade with a 1/2" hole. I believe that you said you were from Nebraska. If you will contact Midwest Engine Warehouse in Omaha they will help you. Their number is 1-800-683-2424. Be carefull, since this is not a direct application you will need to make sure that everything will clear the deck.

10. PaulJ

What mower are those blades made for? Someone mentioned they were using blades for a Bobcat on their Hustler, but I don't remember the size. Are they a flat blade or do they have the dropped ends? The length is probably close enough to work.
    Thanks