1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

48 in -52 in commercial grade, zero turn, riding mower.. best mower for price! help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by duelly44, Mar 29, 2008.

1. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

appreciate alittle help here if anybody knows or has experiance... looking for commercial grade, zero turn, riding mower... ;)

if anybody knows any info on any of these mowers or any mower not listed id appreciate it. looking for a mower around or below $7,000 THAT IS WORTH THE MONEY! :hammerhead:

let me know if there is any mower I should cross of my list or should add to it! would appreciate anything. thanks! :help:

Toro Z 400?
    Toro Z 450?
    Cub Cadet Enforcer?
    Scag Z cat?
    Scag Freedom?
    Scag Tiger Cub?
    Scag Wildcat?
    Bob Cat Procat?
    Bob Cat Fastcat?
    Gravely Prostance?
    Gravely compact 48Z?
    Gravely 148M (100 series)?
    Gravely 148 HDZ?
    Exmark Lazer Z CT?
    Exmark Lazer Z HP?
    John Deere Quiktrak?
    John Deere mini Z trak? 717/727?
    John Deere mid Z trak 737?
    Ferris IS 1500Z?
    Bad Boy Pup?
    Hustler Z
    hustler mini & standard
    Hustler super z
    Great Dane Surfer
    Great Dane Chariot
    Any dixie choppers?
    Any Bunton zero turn riders?
    Any Encore zero turn riders?
  2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

From the list you have, I'd go with the Exmark HP.
  3. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Bad Boy is the most mower for the money. 10cc pumps, 10mph, full 1/4 in" pushbutton lift deck, 48" 23hp Vanguard $5999, 48" 30hp Kohler Command $6395, or 31hp Kawasaki 60" $7295 (not sure on the 48" or 52" with the Kawa...haven't had anybody ask yet). If you squeeze just $500 bucks more, you can get the 14mph Lightning 52" with the 26hp Liquid-Cooled Kawasaki, the 12cc pumps, 4 wheel suspension, the $500 dollar Michigan air-seat, and the liquid-cooled motor will last 50% longer than the air-cooled all for $7495. My favorite mower out of them all by far for the money!!
  4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Hard to pick when there are so many choices. The confusion sets in.
    I have been using an Exmark HP for years. Great mower. 48 inch 18 kohler
  5. greengoat

greengoat LawnSite Member
    from midwest

HOw does cub cadet Rank??? anyone???
  6. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

haha. nooice. i know the confusion sets in... done my homework and it gets confusing...

and ive been hearing worse and worse things from the cub cadet enforcer so i think i might ax it tomorrow
  7. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

It can be daunting. But what would be great is , if you could afford just 1300.00 more then, you could purchase the greatest (I'll hear about this) mower on the market---

Scag Turf Tiger 52" :drinkup:
  8. duelly44

duelly44 LawnSite Member

$1300 more?! they wanted close to 13 grand for that mower in my neck of the woods... about 90% positive it was the 52 inch too
  9. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

Can't go wrong with Exmark, Ferris, John Deere, or Scags. Scratch the others off. Those 4 are tops in commerical mowers. I personally have an Everride Warrior and I love it. Look up their website. You can get a Warrior 54" with 25 hp Kawi or 27 hp Kohler full size mower at a real good price right now. Cheaper than the other's mid size mowers. Ariens bought Everride but is continuing the line. I emailed Ariens with quetions and they sent my message around internally until my questions could be answered (Good Service). If you dont have a local store that deals with Everride then choose one of the other so you can get service if you need it. That is the only complaint I have with mine even though I really havent needed service yet that I could not handle. But I do have a good local place that will work on mine if needed.
  10. bladecutter582

bladecutter582 LawnSite Member

A dealer in Birmingham had a 07 new in the box and he wanted it otd for $8500.00 two months ago. I just bought a new 08 three weeks ago otd for 10865.00 61" /29dfi Kaw. The price on Scags do vary. I've seen here for sometime that the further north of the Mason & Dixon you go "It seems the higher they are."