1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

48 inch Exmark Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Infinite, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

Today I went and look at one of these, and am pretty sure I want one just want to get others opinions on them? The specs on it are 15hp-Kohler, Belt Drive, Fixed Deck for 2699. It seems like every dealer tries to steer you away from a fixed deck, why is this because of money? I have used both decks and have never had a problem with a fixed deck.
  2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a 48" Viking with the 15hp Kawasaki, but was strongly considering the Metro. That is a good price IMO.
  3. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

One draw back to the fixed deck is its a troublesome job to change the cutting heighth in the field. Not very handy if you need to use the machine on a yard with different heighth grasses ,say like bermuda and fescue. That said all my walk-behinds are fixed deck. One will be replaced with a floater in the future.
  4. Infinite

Infinite LawnSite Member

Yeah its sounds like a good price!!! I imagine it will be a good mower to start off with.