1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

48 inch scag cougar

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve_pel, Apr 18, 2002.

1. steve_pel

steve_pel LawnSite Member
    from Mass

Looking at a ztr scag cougar, or zt125 ransome bobcat, any experience out there on either one of these machines? Both 48" cutting deck, using a 48" bobcat walk behind now, need to get a rider with a collection system on it.
  2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Mid-mount==Hustle Z with Bac-Vac

Out front deck===Walker
    Toro, maybe.

I would pass on the Scag and Ransom.

3. MrUPS

MrUPS LawnSite Member

How do you like your Bobcat? I am new to the business and I am thinking of buying a bobcat 48" walk-behind. I am still in the shopping stage! I got quoted a price of 2800 for a belt driven.

4. steve_pel

from Mass

MrUPS, My 48" bobcat wb is fine, it's an older belt drive, but has been good to me, just looking to upgrade to a rider.
  5. steve_pel

from Mass

Any details on why you would pass on the bobcat, I hear the scag isn't the best at bagging wet grass, but haven't heard that about the bobcat. Any other info on either one of these mowers will be appreciated. thanks
  6. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

If you do a search on those Scag "bagger" machines, you will find that they are troublesome and unreliable machines. Walker has the only really successful conmpact ztr bagger. The Walkers are great machines,they leave an excellent cut and are very reliable. All the others are "Walker wannabes", but cannot perform.:(