48" kees WB help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Juan91, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Juan91

Juan91 LawnSite Senior Member

i got this mower as a trade and it ran great. Now when i cut, with the gear on and safeties held, it does fine, but when mowing with blades on and driving, it runs for maybe 2 or 3 minutes then dies completely. I've done the Carb cleaning and did new fuel filter, lines, air filter, but to no avail. Im frustrated with it, i dont mind it since i have the bobcat and dane, but would like to figure it out as it cuts great!

it starts right back up after dying with it back in neutral and blades off etc....

help *trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag*

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. Juan91

weird, it was all in there
    KEES
    model - 04002074
    serial - 48141
    ENGINE
    model - cv14t
    spec - 1404
    serial - 2314714044

4. Restrorob

OK Juan,

I'm thinking you may have a issue with the interlock system module.

For testing only; Disconnect the unit harness kill lead wire from the engine (most are white on Kohlers) and test run the unit to see if it shuts off, But you won't be able to shut it off until this white wire is re-connected.

If the unit continues to run with the wire disconnected test each of the safety switches with a multimeter set on ohms scale, Make sure all are opening and closing when activated.

If all safety switches pass the test then replace the interlock module, It could have a metal or plastic housing......

5. Juan91

thanks resto,

heres an update, i talked to my dealer when ordering my gobbler for stander and he said to pop off air cleaner and spray starting fluid in carb when it dies and to my suprise, shes keeps running if i dont overspray it in there. So its now a fuel delivery issue. Now like i said, i replaced the fuel filter, all the fuel lines to the engine,, cleaned the shut off, cleaned out the carb.....

the only lines i didn't replace were the little 1/2 inch long one on right side of engine and the one on left side of engine to carb. (kohler engine i guess doesn't like to go straight from gas tank to carb??? :-/)

im pretty stumped on this one, i think i might pop off the lines and check for kinked nipples on the tank and filter to be sure...

any others have ideas?

6. Juan91

i also did as you said and with kill wire off, it died after 10 mininutes on intital startup

7. Restrorob

Check your gas cap and make sure the vent isn't plugged......

8. Juan91

hello again,

-found the tank to have a sunflower seed in it partially blocking the hole at bottom, removed it and still nothing,

- vent is good on gas cap, (replaced foam)

thanks for the helpp....

9. Restrorob

So after removing the kill wire it went from 2-3 minutes to 10 minutes before shut-down ?

How long does it run once you start it back up ?

10. Juan91

let me clarify, its tough without my home computer....

-inital startup, it will run for 10 mins, sometimes dies right away, but usally runs 10 mins
    -after dying, will alwasy run 2-3 mintues before dying again
    - i did fuel filter,lines, cleaned the carb, cleaned the tank,

thanks resto!