1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

48" Lesco Walk Behind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikbro, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mikbro

mikbro LawnSite Member

Guys, I was looking at a 48" Bobcat WB, however, someone here in my city advertised a 48" Lesco WB for sale. He is the original owner and said the mower was never used commercially. He is asking $1000. Are these good mowers and does it appear to be a good price. I'm going to look at it tomorrow, he says everything works on it and it has been serviced regularly. I have included pictures. I would appreciate your opinion. Thanks.

Mower 004.jpg

Mower 005.jpg

Mower 003.jpg
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That thing looks brand new. Definitely worth $1000. I would quickly go get it!

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Dude if that was in my city I would be knocking on his front door with cash right now. Take it while you can. That thing is in pristene condition.

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow thats a great deal. better go get it fast before someone else does
  5. mikbro

mikbro LawnSite Member

Thanks for your input. I went to check it out today and the pictures don't due it justice. I figured I got a steal.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, to me it looks like it's never even cut grass! For a grand that's a heck of a deal. Granted it's a belt drive, but if it's adjusted right it shouldn't beat you up much.

Hopefully when you went to check it out you brought it home??
  7. ScagGrassGuy1978

ScagGrassGuy1978 LawnSite Member

Seriously how many hours on it. Id jump on that too.
    Its probably an awesome find, but at my age.....I would be cautious.
    That machine was never used by the looks of it, I mean its way to clean. Not even a drip mark of grease on it
    Either that or you bought a machine from the most anally retentive person on the face of the earth
    Go for it if its "GOOD"
  8. ScagGrassGuy1978

ScagGrassGuy1978 LawnSite Member

Are those peanut shells on the floor?
  9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I've always run Lesco's and that is a steal for a belt drive that new and clean.