48" lesco WB

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by JCee, Sep 8, 2005.

1. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Ok I am close to getting started. Me and a coworker are starting a side lawn business and are close to starting. Just got a phone line yesterday, and flier's will go out either tomorrow or the next day.
    We already have a 36" Lesco WB. My question is what do I need for the 2nd mower. I know that it matters what/where/how many lawns you will be doing, but lets base it on a business that will grow fairly fast with differing lawns.
    I am interested in the 48" Lesco Hydro Floating deck ($3699). How is this mower (durability, cutting, etc?). also the 52 inch is 200 bucks more, just go with that? Or being a business that will grow should I spend the extra couple thousand on a ZTR. 48" (5799). I just dont want to get a WB now and sell it in a year because I need the rider.
    Thanks for responses. the 48 inch Lesco Hydro Floating deck is tops on my list now so any reviews will be appreciated. Thanks

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

My 48 float deck hydro, is pretty good, sometimes it bottoms out, and it is a little top heavy. Where are you in new york? I dont think you can go wrong with lesco for the price. Good luck

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

great mower for the price, but just a thought how many clients are you going to get with 4 to 6 weeks left in the mowing season......maybe some fall cleanups.....

4. JCee

JCee LawnSite Member
    from NY

Thanks for the responses. I am in the Albany Area of NY. Yes, it is a tough time to get into the business, and yes I am planning on doing mostly fall clean ups for this year. I have a few family/friend start up accounts, and am hoping to maybe get some accounts in the area around them by being around and talking to neighbors. Hopefully if I do the fall cleanups, I can possibly persuade them for lawn care next year.
    Also I just made a quick website for my LCO. It is http://residentiallawncare.tripod.com. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Any other opinions on lesco or the rider question please let me know.

JCEE