1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

48 Metro clogging

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nate1422, Oct 17, 2005.

1. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

Just to follow up on some earlier threads about my 48" Metro clogging up. I tightened the belts, have the rear axle in the D position with 3 spacers under the front casters so the deck is pitched forward. I also put 4 spacers between the blades and spindle and put on brand new OEM high lift blades. The cut was excellent, the old blades were missing a lot of metal, especially around the tips and I was getting strips of unmowed grass.

But........it still clogged up a bit, not nearly as bad as before but it was discharging the grass very well this time so I would say my problem is solved. I did not mow at full throttle, I backed of a bit, so that probably helped also. Thanks for all the suggestions and help on this.
  2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

why did you not mow at full throttle? I don't understand that.

GEO :confused:
  3. nate1422

nate1422 LawnSite Member

One of the suggestions offered by someone here was to decrease throttle so I didn't get as much vaccum. The lift created at full throttle packed the grass up under the deck. I started at full throttle and mowed a bit and then backed off a little, the amount of grass discharged increased as I decreased the throttle. I only backed off a bit, but it made a difference.