48 or 50 inch Dixie Chopper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Oct 15, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Well guys we need to add a smaller mower then the 61 inch tiger to the team and might buy something different then scag...(we have had all scag in the past) I am looking for something around a 48 to 50 inch deck, to get into gated yards..(yes will fit in ours) and to use on smaller islands......Does DC have a 48 inch or 50??(and I wonder if I buy one will I get rid of the 61 turf tiger for a 61 inch DC hmm)

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Dixie Chopper has a 50" ZTR.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I am a steering wheel fan, but did run a DC for about 20 hrs, and it seems like a good machine. I believe its deck mows better than my JD decks do.

4. We just got a 60 inch and it is the finest mower we have ever owned,once you get over the shock of its uglyest .with those bypass filters and a little up keep it will last a long time.They make a fifty inch and im sure you will love it as well as we love our 60 inch
    You cant buy a better ztr

5. scottt

scottt LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 50" DC with a 20hp Kohler. There are a few things I would change, but overall a great mower. I will probably get rid of it though so I can buy a 60". I don't know how many lawns you need the mower for or how large they are, but for just the backyards have you thought about a 48 or 52" walk behind. Quite a bit cheaper. Like I said I don't know your situation, just a suggestion.

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I ran the 60" flatlander and it mowed as well as anything I have seen. Never had many oportunities to get it to the full 13.5 mph as I was mowing a campground with a lot of ruts. (Really needed a D9 Cat to level the ground first)