48" Sarlo...Advise needed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by jtis, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jtis

jtis LawnSite Member

48" commercial walk behind belt drive. Never used commercially ,home owners.15 hp Kohler engine. Everything works and runs great. Great for home or landscape company. Always kept inside. EXCELLENT CONDITION.

The owner says: Its a Sarlo Commercial, it has VERY low hours and about 8 years old. I recently bought it from an elderly man who only mowed a field in his yard 4-5 times a year. I have used very little as well. Has mount for catcher but does not come with one.

So, what do you guys think? Good deal or not? I am not very familiar with Sarlo except that it is very popular down in Florida. I am not sure about repairs, access to parts etc.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Josh

walkbehind.jpg

2. jtis

jtis LawnSite Member

Bump. Its still available and I am going to look at it this weekend.

Thanks

3. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

to be honest, MOST belt drives for the most part are pretty similar/basic. depending on the price, you cannot go wrong really. that looks a lot like a bradely or red hawk mower, which interchanges parts with lesco and encore mowers. the parts on the machines are pretty basic to, so you cant go wrong.

4. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

What is the guy asking? Sarlo is popular in down here for sure but not that mower. I've never seen one like that and have been going into the Sarlo dealership for 5 plus years. Their popular mower is the high wheel walk behinds like in their picture.

Sarlo.jpg

5. jtis

jtis LawnSite Member

Asking 750. I am going to take a look tomorrow and go from there.

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

If it was me I would look for a mower with parts readily available like Scag, Toro, Ferris, Exmark etc etc.