48 scag WB price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pro-Scapes, May 3, 2005.

1. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey just got home from my dealer to get my blower fixed. He has a used 48 scag WB he wants to sell me. Its a fixed deck 48 belt drive with a 15 kawi. its a bit older and some old lady is trying to sell it or something through him because her husband died. It's got a velky on it. He said its been sitting there 2 years outside under a tree.

any guesstimates on price ? he will put new belts and blades on it and make sure its running. He said 1200 but that seems a little high to me. I want the WB for mowing some slopes. Is the fixed deck going to cut nice compared to a floater ?

Thanks for any help

2. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

how many hours are on it and how old is it?

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

I couldnt find an hour meter on it. no idea where to look for a year and the dealer wasnt sure. he was pretty busy so no time to look. I will try and find out more info on it.

4. Jetski900stx

Jetski900stx LawnSite Member

If you get the model and serial numbers off it you can go to the scag website and figure out the year. Or email them the numbers and they will tell you the year. I was looking at a used one last year and the dealer tried to tell me it was a 15hp and I said the model number says sw36-13kh. 13kh being 13hp kohler. 13ka would have been Kawasaki