48" Sentar Sport vs 48" Stander, RH

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TJLC, Jun 29, 2007.

1. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking at both machines. My dealer is pushing me towards the Sentar Sport. He says it will hold slopes a little better than the Stander plus gives you the option to sit if you want to. The price difference between the two machines is about 2-3 hundred dollars. I am going tommorrow to probally buy one of the two machines. I need to hear from guys here who own and use 1 or both of these machines to help me decide which one is the better choice. Thanks very much foe any help I can get on this!

2. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

i use a r/h 48 inch stander and ive demoed a sentar sport 52 inch the differences i noticed were the sentar does seem to cut across a hill a little better as your weight on the seat seems to counter balance the machine a little better. the front end isnt as likely to dive down the hill. what i didnt like about the sentar was the steering colomn was to low for me when standing. and i dont think it turned as well without tearing grass due to the weight of the operator being behind the wheelbase.

3. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you Greenery, for the info.

4. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Up here in Mich, the Sport is either the same cost or 100 more than the Stander. The Sport is nice.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

WE like the option of the seat....we did wear out the RH device in second year it won't stay in position ...ours is 36" deck, but would not trade it for a unit that you can't change heights fast...very good feature.