48 ztr down to a 36 walkbehind???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Creative Lawn Care, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Ok nevermind why at the moment, but if I was to downgrade from a 48 inch Lazer Z hp down to a 36 inch belt drive walkbehind how much productivity would I lose? I may be switching back to part time so the accounts I would keep would range in size from 1/4 acre to just about 2 acres. weekly mowings and probably would keep aboput 15 accounts. Thanks for any replies

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

but I think you'll get blasted lol.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

a lot....... :blob3:

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I agree. You would loose a lot of productivity.

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you make a bad name for yourself? You would lose at 6mph at 80% efficiency 1/2 an acre an hour to 1 acre.

6. Gatewayuser

If your not using a sulky then you lose 2 1/2 - 3 acres an hour.

7. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

No I did not make a bad name for myself. I have been doing this fulltime for over six years. I am simply getting burned out with the late payers and constantly being underbid. My wife stays at home with my son and I have two daughters in private school. This bus. has provided for us during the last years but I am simply ready to move on to some other things. My question was soley based on trying to see if the additional cost of the payments on my exmark ztr were justified by the extra time it saves me over my paid for walkbehind. Thanks

8. Creative Lawn Care

from NC

Gateway, what about my post made you instantly assume I had done somthing bad? There is alot more to life than mowing grass my friend, I simply want to check those things out.

9. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I live on 1.5 acres and cut my grass in 40 minutes. only about 1 acre is grass and that does not include trimming. I use a 36 gravely gear drive. at least drop down to a 36 hydro at minimum i would think

10. Gatewayuser

I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway CreativeLawnCare I did not assume I was just asking a simple question. Sorry you got burnt that happens and I wish you good luck. :waving: