48hourprint.com offering 15% off on postcards....limited time only

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by walker-talker, Jun 14, 2005.

1. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Received this email if anyone is interested. I plan on doing some postcards next spring...guess I should have prepared. Last December I had my flyers designed and files almost ready to go, when I received an email with an offer for 20% off all flyers printed. Ended up saving me over $400. Thought somebody might be interested. I plan on doing some doorhangers this fall and next spring, guess I should get them designed in case an offer like this heads my way.

15% OFF Postcards!!!
    June Postcard Promotion

48hourprint.com is offering our valued customers 15% off any order of Postcards (quantity of 5,000 or more) if the order is received before Friday June 17th, 8:00 p.m. EST.

Use the following code during checkout to receive your 15% discount:

JUNE2005

* Promotion begins Tuesday, 14th June and ends at 8:00 p.m. EST on Friday, June 17th. To qualify for the June promotion you must place your order during the promotional period. This discount offer cannot be combined with any other promotions or discounts. Qualifying purchases exclude custom quoted orders, nightclub flyers, postage, printing options, shipping and sales tax. Discount will apply to one order per customer.

2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Evan, Who did you have put out all those flyers last year? Did you ever get a good turnout from them? I was watching your post you had about them in the spring.

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

I get 30,000 printed for $750.00 .
    4.5 inched by 11 inches long .

4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's a good price. Do they have a web address? I know those are not full color or glossy, but I think you can still make a good impact on colored paper with black ink.

No big deal, but my name is Matt...lol. I sent out 30,000 flyers in the spring via neighborhood newsletters. Picked up a few one time jobs and 3 mowing accounts. Of the 3 mowing accounts, one has cancelled and the other is about to be cancelled by me. I have picked up 5 accounts by word of mouth. I am going to push more the chem app side of the business from now on. Should I pick up some mowing accounts along the way...fine....if not...fine also. I will probably start with door hangers this fall and back it up with the same plus postcards next spring. I am also considering a quarter page ad in the yellow pages, but not for certain.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

any local printer can do it

6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Evan, opps I mean Matt :D

I'm going to be sending out 20-30,000 in the spring also and I'm trying to decide how to do it. No one around here has neighbor hood newsletters so thats out, I used a company this spring at .04 cents a flyer and they were inserted into bags with probably 10 other flyers (from chain stores mostly so there weren't any landscapers in it), that worked out ok, out of the 5000 i sent out I gained 5 mowing accounts and 9 or 10 one time jobs (mulch, shrub trimming).

I thought about calling local boyscout groups and seeing if I donate some money to their group if they would do the passing out of the flyers. Have you ever looked into anything like that?