$49 worktunes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I saw a set of Peltor worktunes (yellow) at wally for $49. Seems like a decent price I just need to know how well they hold up. I'm asking santa for selects, will these work till then? I really need some entertainment while mowing, bored out of my mind today.
  2. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

i have pair of those,seem to work good have had now for 2 years
  3. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Thanks for the info. I don't care if they last 3 months I'm going to get me a pair ASAP. I didn't know they had them at wally. And by wally you mean the mart place right.
  4. doublesharp

doublesharp LawnSite Senior Member

3rd year on a set. I like em ok but wish they were digital tune.
  5. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have a similar pair which I ordered from www.northerntool.com

They work OK, I do wish they had the digital tune because its really easy to lose your station of they get knocked or even if you change the position of your head.

Also, the inner speaker on the battery side pushes against my ear :eek: at times which can make things uncomfortable:angry:

I would say go for it. Its only $49-
  6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have 2 of them they work pretty good, think thats what I paid at sears.
  7. tierralawn

tierralawn LawnSite Member

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

i made my own with a FM reciever i bought a convience store one day. just pulled apart the headphones and put them under the foam in the headset, then i put the reciever on my belt and work the day away listening to music :) i also use a Mp3 player on some days when i'm in a "mood"
  9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid 59 from harbor freight. Go for it, you won't be sorry. If my local Wally-world has them for 49, I'll get a spare set.
    The fact that you can't look at the tuning knob and know what station you're on kinda sucks, but I have a favorite station, and put a mark on the knob to re-adjust to after hitting tree branches, etc.
  10. rotgg

rotgg LawnSite Member