4n1 Bucket Questions

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by JNB Construction, Jan 28, 2014.

1. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

That would be HIGH ROCK SKID STEER ATTACHMENTS. Owners name is MARK MORRIS.

I need to buy a grapple, rock bucket and another set of heavier duty forks sometime this spring. Not to mention a 4in1. Can you guess who I won't be buying from?

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

When buying 4in1 buy one that has replaceable cutting edges most are welded in

On a 4in1 buckets have 3 cutting edges

I don't have one but after looking at them I notice the ones are welded in that are used don't close all the way

3. Mark13

Mark13 LawnSite Member

Does anyone else think stickers and such on those attachments on High Rock attachments page look a lot like the Wildkat attachments? Maybe he was feeding you a line of BS about keeping guys in the shop busy and that's why the stuff is significantly cheaper.

High Rock's bucket page.
    http://www.highrockskidsteerattachments.com/buckets.html

Wildkat's bucket page.
    http://www.wildkatattachments.com/bucket.html

High Rock's grapple page.
    http://www.highrockskidsteerattachments.com/grapples.html

Wildkat's grapple page.
    http://www.wildkatattachments.com/grapple.html

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Those look like cheap made you cant even replace the edges Are the teeth welded on to
    They both look the same
    Cheap price I guess that's what you get

5. JNB Construction

I think you may be on to something Mark.

Ok, I loaded my pics on pb so I could show you guys what I'm talking about.

First Bucket. Mainly, just a really sloppy fit. This could cause undo stress and wear on the QA pins too. Th cylinders were really weak.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Here's the second bucket fully closed. I understand that with welded on cutting edges there will be a slight "hole" left over in the corners. The first one had about a 3/8"x3/8" hole. I was fine with that, but this bucket was just plain welded up wrong.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

6. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Virnig makes a solid bucket. I bought one of their rock sifting buckets and I use it a lot. It's heavy, too, which means it's got some iron in it.

I use Bobcat brand 4n1 and it's been good. Had it since '07 sees mostly farm use but it is built very heavy and closes strong. Will nearly cut through a t post (not saying much) but pretty cool to see that much power.

It's only a 66 inch but I've used it on my s750 to pull posts and dig with and it handles that stress fine.

I haven't owned Bradco attachments but some of the rental places carry them and seem to like them.

7. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Bradco makes a lot of oem stuff

Believe most bobcats are Bradco. Cat I'm not sure about
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

not so sure about that. I thought Bradco was in US and a lot of Bobcat stuff is made in Mexico.

9. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

That's what they told me at bobcat. Not all but most of it. He said there's only a few things bobcat actually makes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. JNB Construction

I was purchasing a used Bobcat tooth bucket today and can confirm that Wildkat buckets are indeed made by High Rock. The seller had a Wildkat there. Same manufacturer for sure.