4th of July Scheduling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howard Roark, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Just curious what everyone will be doing regarding their scheduling for Monday the 4th of July? Are you working that day, or moving them?

I may bump them back to the Saturday before and take the long weekend, this way not interrupting their holiday or mine.

Your thoughts?

2. Andersonlawnscape

Andersonlawnscape LawnSite Member

Monday is when I have all of my commercial accounts scheduled so I might just be able to keep it the same, If some of my 5 day rotations fall on the 4th I think I will actually do them on sunday possible, but for sure not on the fourth.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

commercial properties, do what you like, but residential, have them finished before the weekend for your customers convienience

4. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I will not work on July 4th. That day is for family and to honor the USA.....work will get done the Friday before.

Derek

5. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Working. We get 20 weeks of vacation that we don't want every year, so we work all the holidays that fall on a weekday (all three of them) during the mowing season.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

6. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Taking off and will push everything back one day. Hoping to take a four day weekend and be done by Thursday the week before the 4th.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Im going to try to get my commercials on sat instead of monday then tuesday bizz as usual

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i will be calling the customers, all of them, one by one, and asking them what they want me to do. it's thier call, if they say i work, i work

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll be camped out at the motorcycle dirt drags on the creek Fourth of July weekend. Too drunk to fish, let alone run a mower.
    All of my lawns will be looking good for the holiday weekend before I head up to the creek.
    Crawdad

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, right. Come on down and drink beer with me at Boozy Creek. We need more judges for the ladies competition.