4wheeler

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rfed32, Mar 14, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

i just bought a 2003 yamaha blaster over the weekend and i used it today to do some tree work back in woods at this ladies house...nothing bad happened lol but my question is can i write this off...i will use it for pleasure too but i just wanted to know...this will not be the only time i use it...seeing that i had an old 4x4 quad and have a cutter atachment and snow plow...so i will use it to cut this one big feild i have seeing that i only have a 36'' walk behind and its 52'' cut and i also have a dethacter for it that i used on my own lawn yesterday...so back to my question CAN I WRITE IT OFF??

2. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

I aerate large properties with a 2005 polaris 800efi......accountant has the bill of sale!

Works well to haul deer out of the woods too!

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Did the company buy it? Or you. If it is yours and you want to use it somewhat for work you have to document the use. Best bet is to talk to an account.

4. rfed32

from Hatboro

well i bought it but its all one checking account b.c i dont have to write checks other than for my bussiness and i use cash for everything i have...phone, rent, truck all bussiness stuff...never write checks...i live above my gerage so there is my rent i have a room the rest is set up for my office...so i really dont write checks so i dont have a personal checking account just a savings...

5. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Personally, it seems more important to me to seperate business and personal before you go trying to write things off.

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I don't think you will have very good luck writing it off, JMO

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

If you can prove you use it for business then you can legally write off the amount that is used for business.IE {pics} of it being used. Don't try and say you use it 90% for business if its a toy, the irs ain't stupid

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think you'll have any problem with it. If you are a sole proprietorship, that is exactly how it's purchased, anyway. However, the Blaster is not the highest recommended machine for work like this. It just isn't suited for stuff like that - i.e. you can go through clutches and stuff rather easily.

9. rfed32

from Hatboro

thanks a lot for your help...ill take some pics and we will see what happens...