5,000 flyers will get how many...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by environment, Jul 19, 2004.

1. environment

environment LawnSite Member

I printed up 5000 flyers and intent to distribute them in the mail, I need to pick up more maintenance, i have 13 accounts so far, 3 of them however are large commercial accounts that are about the size of like 4 residential houses, i have two days filled, i need about another two, i know my timing is horrible for picking up more accounts but I figured I would try

how many do you guys think I could pull in with 5000 flyers
  2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I have handed out about 500 total just last week and this week, and have had 4 calls, and landed two jobs so far...with two more jobs pending.

3. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

2-5 most likely and this is really an awful time IMO. Considering it is the middle of the summer, 2-5 is probably being generous.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Where is Morris country and how many people live there? What percentage use lawn care? How many other LCOs are there? How much do you charge in comparison? You might get a 1% call back which is 50 Leads but after that it is up to you.
  5. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Dang Trevor, nice going. I think you probably got pretty lucky but there is nothing wrong with luck. I would assume at this time of the game, I thought the guy with the 5000 flyers would get 2-5 jobs tops.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Trevors is right at that 1 % mark so 50 might be close. up to you to sell them.
  7. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

50 calls in the dead of summer? That seems way too many considering most people have there lawn service already if they are going that route.
  8. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in Morris County as well, and last year I handed out about 200 flyers and recieved about 5 calls for lawn service, and believe it or not I was getting calls this year from people who got my flyer last year looking for cleanups and later signing up for lawn service. It's all about where you pass out the flyers. This far into the season will be hard to pick up new accounts. You can tell by looking at the vehical in the driveway and the condition of the property what type of person it is and if they'll be more likely to buy service.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Spring time will get you 1-2%,I doubt it'll be that good now.
  10. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I put out 500 flyers last year in september and got 10 accounts and got some calls this year from those same flyers, maybe I just got lucky.