5,000 flyesr went out and now it is snowing!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by outrunjason, Mar 3, 2008.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

It was in the 70's here in Texas on Saturday and Sunday and was great when we got out 5,000 fliers. Now today it is cold, windy, rainy, snowing, and it will be cold the rest of the week. I hope we didn't just through a bunch of money away putting out 5,000 fliers. I never get good results when it's cold outside.

2. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Haha, yeah i put out 3.5k last week, and its back down to 30 today.

Haven't seen any calls yet :(

3. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

You put out 3,500 flyers and have not heard ANYTHING???? Yikes looks like you need to change your game plan...

4. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

How did you put them out mailing service door to door or mailbox?

5. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

around here its not soo much the weather destroying our distributed materials, but rather the weather influencing peoples decisions. you have to plan carefully when to distribute. if you do it early to beat the rest of the lco's and you risk being forgotten b/c "its still winter, why do i need to worry about my lawn now?" and if you do it too late then everyone is already taken.

6. Casey21

Casey21 LawnSite Member

Offer some discounts and people will hold on to your flyer. If you do not want to honor the discount all year then put an expiration date on it. I have had people pull out flyers that we put out the year before. Also “Early bird” contract discount offers will get the calls in also.

7. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

Obviously you havent been reading my post, i thought the same way as you did about it being to early {are weather is simular} but then i did it anyway,i put an add in the paper and i mailed post cards in "feb" and at the time i had 2 accounts and now i have 25.
    What you have to remember is not everyone thinks alike,sure most will wait till the nicer weather but their are some that like to do things ahead of time so they can be done with it and those will be calling you because your add and your cards are all they see right now! I always plan my vacation for august in january...why? Because i like to get it out of the way.
    The very first call i got from my paper add the guy said to me " i was thinking about getting my lawn taken care of this year and i called you because your add was the only one i saw"...i got that lawn at 55.00 a week! Hopefully this wont turn into some big argument because im sick of arguing, all i can say is proof is in my 25 accounts before march 1st! OH and the ones that dont call will atleast have your name or your card! And 1 more thing last friday i was plowing out a few of those lawn care accounts .

8. Adam3669

Adam3669 LawnSite Senior Member

Well not flyers, news paper inserts with the major newspaper around here. Another two rounds of 3500 per round are going to be sent middle of this month, and early april. I must be doing something wrong..

9. DiGiTLawncare

DiGiTLawncare LawnSite Member

You never win while being negative. Take a look at things that work. Change them up to your style and stay positive.

10. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

sorry bigw i havent really been in this section of the forums much and so i havent read your posts.

you do have a good point about being the only lco they see early in the year and it stays in their revoked set everytime they look at their lawn.

the problem ive ran into is that it never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people are! the reason im pushing so hard into commercial accounts this year is because i hate dealing with all these rezzy idiots. thats why i really dont give them the benefit of the doubt most of the time.