5,000 for $179

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sodzilla, Feb 8, 2004.

1. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I called a place the other day to get a price on an idea I had. The idea was to order golf tees with my company name and phone# on them. The lady told me it would cost around $179 for 5000 tees. 5000 was just an example of what it would cost for higher qauntity. I didn't think that was to bad a price. I figured I could set them out on the counters at golf stores, proshops at cources, ect. Is this a good idea? What do you guys think? If you would like to check the place out here it is. www.pargolf.com

Thanks for your feedback,

Brian

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I think if I was playing golf I would not be reading my tees, I think theres better ways to spend your $$ on advertising. JMO

Mac

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

olderthandirt, I second that!

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm thinking pens or refrigerator magnets.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Well that all depends on if you service golf course residential. I have a few and low and behold I find tees of competitors around the yard as I mow.
    All IN All I guess it doesn't work since I still have those same customers.

6. bayoulawn

bayoulawn LawnSite Member

Im with PaulJ people will stick magnets on their refrigerator no mattter what it says. It will be seen everyday and stick in their minds. When they are in need of services it is highly likely your name will be the first one they think about. And they dont have to look up the number.

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

If you want to use them as a thank you 'gift', then by all means do so. If you intend to use them as advertising, which I think you do, then there are more efficient ways.

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi sodzilla,

That is a very interesting idea and for $179, if you like the idea, why not try it?

9. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

All it would take is one customer for a season long contract to cover that cost. Not too bad. I would check with the golf shops and store before committing though. They may not want your tee's in their store.

10. topher924

topher924 LawnSite Member

PERSONALLY I THINK IT IS A GREAT IDEA BUT HERE IS AN IDEA TO KICK IT UP A NOTCH. LAST YEAR I WAS PLAYING A REAL NICE COURSE IN THE BIRMINGHAM AREA WHEN I NORMALLY PLAY I NEVER PICK UP TEES ON THE TEE BOX (I HAVE PLAYED WITH PEOPLE WHO PICK UP EVERY TEE THEY SEE) BUT I NOTICED THAT THERE WERE LONG PINK TEES ON THE TEE BOXS MY FIRST THOUGHT WAS THAT THERE WAS SOMEONE WASTING ALOT OF TEES, BUT THE TIME I GOT TO THE 8TH HOLE I PICKED ONE UP OUT OF CUROISITY AND SAW AN ADVERTISMENT ON IT AND I THOUGHT I WAS A SPLENDED IDEA. APPARENTLY SOMEONE WHILE THEY WERE PLAYING DROPPED A FEW EXTRA TEES ON EVERY TEE BOX. GREAT ADVERTISING AND MARKETING!