5.4% of our sales YTD have been spent on...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Aug 24, 2006.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

REPAIRS to equipment. This includes repairs to trucks, trailers, mowers and other equipment.

How does this compare with other companies?

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

this year 12% but i am also very much a pm kinda guy so what I have done may not be completely necessary to someone else. we also had a lot of truck issues this year that wont come up again for quite a while.

3. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I am right at 1.5% but we have been buying all new equipment since we had to replace everything from the hurricane. SO these are more than likely ficticious numbers at a glance. I will have a better number in January.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

QuickBooks says 12.08% YTD so far

5. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I thought I was having a bad year at 5.4% but it looks like I am not doing that bad.

For me, truck repairs are 3.3% and almost everything else has been Honda 21" mowers.

The nice thing about the truck repairs is, those expenses can go away by purchasing new and paying depreciation instead of repairs.

With the Honda 21" mowers, there is no getting around repairs to these things. Even the new ones can't be counted to go all season without a breakdown.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

6. rodfather

Big diff between repairing a 21" Honda and the 61" Ferris's like we have I can tell ya.

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

2.28% so far, I guess mostly due to the fact that I bought a new used truck and dropped about 800 into about a month ago. knock on wood, not much has been breaking this year. I had a spindle go out 1 month before my warranty was up on my Z that saved me about $105.

8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

4.03 according to QB here, some days it sure as heck feels like more. :cry:

9. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have just figured out how to get this info from QB I used to have to ask accountant so I'm pretty happy. I am at 2.77% my vehicle expenses are separated out at 5.33% just bought a new truck so that # is probably off a bit.

I saw a thread before about % of labor, does any one remember it? I would like to revisit that thread now that I have some current numbers I am at 41% and wondering how that stacks up against industry standards.

10. rodfather

We are at 24.74% Dave