5 accounts for $200

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Jul 9, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

well so far i have 15 weekly and 1 bi-weekly. To make a long story short my friend is selling 5 aaccounts. 4 of which are right next door to each other and 1 is near 2 of my other accounts. Do you think it is worth it. There are no contacts or anything. each house is $20 becasue they are smaller so it would take 2 weeks to make the $ up. I know all the people becasue i used to mow them with my fiend when we had a combined business. I figure it is a good deal. If i get them i can see why i am probably gunna spend $5k on a stander. Thanks LawnInOrder

2. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

is there really any question. I mean it is only $200. My concern would be spending the $5k on the stander.

3. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats about the right price. Most guys get 2 cuts worth out of each lawn when they sell them. As for the stander I wouldnt get something like that because you dont have enough accounts to justify the big purchase. You would be best suited with a nice 48" Walk Behind with a velky of some sort. I would look at Gravely, Toro, Exmark and bob-cat to name a few.

4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Can't say it any better!

5. LawnInOrder

well i need a 36 machine. most of the properties have gates. I have had an exmark 36" viking with a hydro and sold it becasue i hated it. i got a hydro becasue everyone recommended it. I demoed a belt driven scag and loved it. The lawns are very small and no hills so the hydro didn;t really help. I think i might go with a scag 32" or 36" belt driven. how much do they run new. I rather buy used but i am using my lawnboy that isnlt even commerical right now. Thanks LawnInOrder

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

You hate hydro viking and looking to buy a belt walk instead?
    I think you are lying to us all. Tell me how you back out of trailer or back up in space any lawn you gonna cut. Hate Viking, trying to buy Stander? What is the diff...they both hydro! *newcanadaflag*

7. Quail Creek LC

Quail Creek LC LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

$200. Heck I pull that in the first couple of hours working. Go for it.

8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I agree with this statement. Why not buy a walk behind instead? With the accounts that you have you can do 5 a day and be fine. And on the other week that means you do 6 in day instead of 5.

JP

9. LawnInOrder

listen i bought the exmark from a guy named scaper27 on here that lives in huntington long island. u can ask him. I have a picture of my garage but you can only see the handles of the machine. I never took a picture of it. My friends has the scag that i demoed and loves it. I back up off the trailer with my muscles and a ramp. Remeber i am still young. Also i can do 5 a day becasuse during school i got football pratice from 3:30 -7:30ish and then a game on saturday so i can only cut on sunday. this is also why i am gettign a leaf loader to save time on fall clean-ups. I don't lye. ask scaper27. Just becasue i am 16 doesn't mean i lye. LawnInOrder

10. LawnInOrder

pictures of the exmark

DSC01115.JPG