5 acre areation?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Twotoros, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

Biggest areating job bid yet. Normally I charge 30$ for the first 2k then 4$
    per k for additional. Only golf courses and parks/schools use the pull behinds here. I could rent another ryan ( I own a LA4} and use two but the price might end up to high. Five acres is 180,000 sq ft, right? I could drop my price to a flat 2.50 and that would still be pushing 500.

Any help would be nice.

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

$900 with pull behind (180,000 sqft) for me and I am considered cheap.

Mark

3. 1 acre is 43,560 sq ft

= 217,800 sq ft

$1090 that's $5 per 1000 sq ft.

No lower. It's going to take you 9-10 man hours to do this.

4. Twotoros

Twotoros LawnSite Senior Member

My first thought was 900$ but I dought if anyone here will go for it. Do you think 2 guys with two lawnair 4's can do it in 5 hours?

5. I think the 26" is 26k per an hour and the 19" is 19k per an hour, but that is 100% efficantcy.

So I would guess 6 hours for both of you.

Blue Bird says their 26" will do 40k per an hour. Humm:rolleyes:

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

You never know.. I used to think this way.. until I decided to have a positive attitude, image and outlook. Be confident! Sell yourself and the job for what it is worth. Some will say yes and some will say no..

Don't do it for less than $900..

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

That is a lot of aerating. I wouldn't go less than $900 and probably be closer to $1000+/-.

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I would never touch it for that if I had to walk.

I have a tractor with a 3pt aerator and that would be the only way. The beating on the machine as well as the body would not be acceptable.

Rent a pull behind and attatch it to whatever will pull it, I am not gonna give you prices since I don't know your market but I do know that if you take this job and use walk behind aerators, you will never do it again.

9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$1100 - $1200 would be my asking price.

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I would not touch it with walk behinds, too much work and time if you don't think they are going to come off the hip. I would be $1200 min, if they accepted it I would ask for a 50% deposit, run to Lesco or a Classen dealer and get the tow behind model. Send the help home, sit back on the mower/tractor and give them the best plugging job they could ask for. :)