1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

5 acre price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JRS Landscaping, Jun 6, 2007.

1. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

i got a chance to bid on cutting 5 acres of grass all side dischage and trimmed everyother time
    i realize the final price depends on trimming time and obstructions on the lots
    can anyone give me a ball park
    ill be using my 48" tthp but if i get it im going to invest in a 61" scag hydro because i know someone selling one for about $1000
  2. JRS Landscaping

JRS Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

At the risk of sounding extremely rude, if you don't have the confidence and the expertise to quote on such a property, you shouldn't be trying to.

With that said

We have acre and a quarter property that takes 2 hours to do and 5 acres that takes one and a half hours to cut and trim. It depends. . .
  4. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I could do it for $100 here in South Ga.............And be done in 45-55 minutes:weightlifter:

Every Region Differs
  5. NCLCRB #1370

NCLCRB #1370 LawnSite Member

Hilly or flat? Rough or smooth? Type of grass or weeds being cut? Lots of trees? Need more info or a photo.
  6. koop

koop LawnSite Member

Around here, 5 acres with no extreme hills, cut once a weak side discharged and trimmed every two weeks runs around $70. Slightly above average number of trees but all are mulched.
  7. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

I wouldn't be in business for those prices. 50- 55 acre here and it goes down on properties above 3 acres. Reasonably, atleast 35 an acre. But 70 for 5 acres doesn't seem worth it imo.
  8. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

I did a 5 acre estate years ago-( 2000ish ) it was flat / smooth terrrain, i used a 72" mulch deck, st. aug. / bermuda, huge home w/ fountain and circular drive, tennis court, pool backside of home, mow time was bout 2.5 hour and edgeing and trimming bout the same.
    this place would consistently eat up 12-15 man hours with all the detail work and of course they did'nt want to pay what it was worth.
  9. danielmorvant

danielmorvant LawnSite Member

i cut a fiva acre property for $150.00 takes about an hour and a halve thats including trim work
  10. Bigray

Bigray LawnSite Member

Best i can recall i avg. 22 dollars per man hour!!!!! YESSSSHHHHHH