1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

5 acres mowing only...what to charge

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paulwade1, Mar 24, 2003.

1. paulwade1

paulwade1 LawnSite Member

What formulas or techniques is everyone using to derive a cutting price? Please help.
  2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

i usually charge a flat fee of 75-100 an acre depending on the number of trees, obstacles, etc to mow around.
  3. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

I go about $60 per hr , on a tractor that would take about 5.5 hrs. ZTR or not $300 per cut, if not a lot of trimming to do.
  4. The size doesn't seem to matter as much as the degree of difficulty.

I try to give a tentative bid. I'll tell them "I'll mow it for this price for a couple of times, then we'll talk."

5. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I would bid it as if I was running a 60" or 72" machine. Probably about $200, then...drop Big Green on it....

Mow for 1/2 hour and take the rest of the day off, or even better, do 6 more just like it and knock off around 3 pm.

6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I agree that there are too many variables to give you a actuate figure. What is the area like?

7. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Depends upon what the terrian is and what you all have to go around, then trimming and blowing time as well. We usually charge $50-60 per 1.5acres or so.
    Yeah if you do alot of big acre lawns get what Albemarle Lawn has pictured, 11ft cut that thing will cut alot of grass in little time, if its wide open areas.