5 inches of RAIN since last night!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fastrunner, Aug 22, 2002.

1. fastrunner

fastrunner LawnSite Member

Wow! Thats all I can say,, things went from semi-brown to dark green in about two days! Everything is growing fast again!! Just like Spring.. Hope everyone else is starting to see some rain... It was much needed here but probably not nearly as bad as the carolina dudes. peace out. ill try to send some that way.

2. johnkub14

johnkub14 LawnSite Member
    from 7

we finaly got rain over here too. All the shrubs and trees came right back to.

3. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

Yea what a differance a week makes, We've gotten 6 inches in 3 days. Everything is green and growing at a spring rate. I am very backed up though, I have only been able to mow 4 yards the last 2 days and it looks like zero today.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I sure wish we have that problem here in NJ...it's gone from bad to worse with still no rain...something like 25 straight days without any:cry: :cry: :cry:

5. Southern Lawns

Southern Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Glad to hear you got the rain. Send it over if you will! It's day 28 without as much as a drop. Across the Cape Fear river I do an industrial park, plenty of rain in that area but not for my residentials. The park is only about 21 miles away. Go figure.
    You can really tell where the irrigation needs to be adjusted for coverage on a few residentials............................................................ I hear it rumbling as I type, maybe! Lets hope.
    Raymond

6. kjfaulk

kjfaulk LawnSite Member
    from NC

PLEASE send some down my way, my customers with irragation told me today that if we did not get any rain the city was going to start making people turn there sprinklers off. NOT TO GOOD:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. JJOHN22042

JJOHN22042 LawnSite Member
    from MA

Well you should be very Happy you got the Rain. Came Home today to see the Water Dept waiting for me. The Lady that lives two Houses down called the Water Co. to let them know that I was using the water during a water Ban.:(