5 jobs in one clip!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trophytkr, Feb 23, 2002.

1. trophytkr

trophytkr LawnSite Member

:blob3: I went to my insurance companies office yesterday to check on the quote for liability insurance. As we sat in his office together he asked me if there was that much call for lawn care that I had bought alot of equipment could I make it pay for itself?
    I told him that the three markets that I would target were business, retired and yuppy. That alot of people were looking for this type of service. Than I told him, you know who really needs me to mow their lawn? He said no who? I said you do! you never mow your lawn! When I come to the office I expect to see a lock on the door it looks like a vacant lot! He says your right! you can mow it! In fact he says you can mow my mothers too and the other 3 lots she has I can't get her to sell them and I'm tired of taking care of them! :D I plan on selling him a basic mowing package for the business. Mowing trimming weed eating, edging and blowing for 25 dollars a mow. Lots only about 60 feet square. Then I"m going to thatch it to get rid of all the woody stuff underneath aerate and fertilize it free! I'll put before and after pictures on my web sight and costumers comming into his business will be asking who's been taking care of his lawn it looks great! Cheep advertising couple of bags of fertilizer and a little time:p :p :blob1: :blob4:
  2. trophytkr

By 60 feet square I ment 60 x 60
  3. MuskTurfKing

MuskTurfKing LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, that sounds like you got yourself a good deal, I wouldn't of thrown in the fert for free, but if you want to, go for it. I personally don't go back on deals so you should do it for free. Congrats on the easy pickups.

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

congrats on ur luck. not crazy about all the extra work for fee, maybe just one or two services
  5. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

A "couple" of bags of fertilizer? You plan on a fert app. on the parking lot, too?
  6. trophytkr

I haven't offered him anything free yet! I also agree that we need to keep our prices in line with each other for the betterment of our trade. Those of us that pay taxes insurance don't have any use for low ballers! But if i can't get him to take the other services that he really needs to fix his lawn that I would do it this one time. Starting out new there is no better advertizement than actual visual aids, seeing a finished product! If you want to know the truth I'm way too cheap to give something away for nothing!:p Equipment, training, taxes, insurance.ect, ect ,ect everyone wants a piece of the pie, seems like all thats left is the empty tin. Soon guys a new season starts, lets go get them!
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

when the sun shines it do shine brite. thas good cause
    when it rains ,it do pour. glad u had a good day .later now