.5 voltage regulation tolerance

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by High Performance Lighting, May 16, 2007.

1. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

You should strive to engineer a "Tight" system . What is a "Tight" system. I don't know I just made it up. But I'd like to make it mean having no greater than a .5 volt difference between any given fixture of an entire system with all voltages falling within a 11.2-11.6 volt range.

You are probably saying to yourself How can I guarantee this precision
    when all multi tap transformers are wound with 1 volt output increments. 12-13-14-15 etc.

Well I'm not at liberty to tell you right now how to guarantee this each and every project. But I will tell you it is possible and I am doing it.

2. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Spider splices with all lamp leads of equal length?

3. Chris J

Chris J LawnSite Silver Member

Mike,
    Why such a tight guideline? I sometimes purposely design a system to have significantly less voltage at end fixtures for ambiance and longevity of lamps (as long as the lamps are incandescent)

4. Chris J

High Peformance Lighting= HPL
    High Peformance Liquor =HPL

Mike, Get off the sauce!

5. High Performance Lighting

High Performance Lighting LawnSite Senior Member
    from So Cal

I don't use incandescant lamps and halogens perform and last longer running at these voltages. Furthemore I'm an anal retentive perfectionist.

6. Chris J

No, tonight your a trip! You wanna read your last post and re-spell that for me? I don't understand it.

7. Chris J

never mind I got it

8. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

This would only provide a 1 volt or under variance, he said .5 volt or less for the entire system. I guess will have to wait and buy the book????

9. Chris J

You guys need to figure out grammar: periods, commas and so forth. Your statements can mean two or three different things without the proper punctuation! I can't figure it out.

10. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I took the dog out and I had to check right back in on this one. I thought we would just be talking about wire prices again tonight. I guess I can set the alarm clock and check back later.