5 weeks, is that too long to be waiting for a Belmont 5x8 trailer to come in...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kawasaki guy, Aug 22, 2013.

1. kawasaki guy

kawasaki guy LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S. New Jersey

I have been waiting over 5 wks for my new trailer to come in to the dealership. They said it should be in this week, but it is Thursday, and no sign of it whatsoever. Should I cancel the order, or keep waiting? I need the trailer NOW.

Oh, and the trailer is a Belmont Machine UT508R 5x8 utility/landscape trailer. For small trailer, this is taking WAY too long.

And the dealership is Maxium Marine and trailer or something like that.

2. Porcupine Lawn and Snow

Porcupine Lawn and Snow LawnSite Senior Member

I honestly think you should cancel the order and go to Lowes and pick up a Carry-On trailers 5x8... My 00.2 cents
  3. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

After one week I would have canceled. My dealer has a large stock of trailers here in New Castle, DE. I get my trailers the same day or the following if it's late in the day.

4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Here in GA, you can get a custom trailer built and delivered in 3-4 days.
  5. Southern Lawn Care  LLC

Southern Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I wouldn't have waited but a week. Normally when I go to get something I needed right then most likely. I can understand waiting a week but longer than that they can refund me. I wouldn't pay all the money up front either if you did that. If they can't order it for me to look at without me paying for it I don't do business their.
  6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

Yes, it is. Someone is giving you the runaround. I'm not familiar with the Belmont brand of trailers, but I can't see where it would ever take 5 weeks to get a simple utility trailer. I wonder if it isn't one of those deals where the dealer has to pay more for delivery unless he orders in a full semi load at once.
  7. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah that's right, these people can either have my merchandise at my door pronto or I will take my business elsewhere, and we're talking 2 weeks or less.
  8. kawasaki guy

Male, from S. New Jersey

the dealer did say they ship them in via semi. But, at first they said 2-3 wks to come in, and it will be 6 now tomorrow (sat). I was told it would come in this week, but it is already Friday.. So, don't know what to do at this point... Oh, and I have never bought a trailer before, so I was not sure if this is normal...
  9. orangemower

orangemower LawnSite Silver Member
    from pa

I'd call them up and cancel the purchase. Get your money back and like said before, go to Lowe's and get a small trailer. You'll leave with it that day, unlike what you're dealing with now. You'll probably pay a little less as well! CALL THEM NOW AND CANCEL......

Edit..... did you call them yet?
  10. kawasaki guy

Male, from S. New Jersey

I think I will cance; today, and do business elsewhere.