5 year old PG Ultra oil weight and quantity

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by FERT-TEK, Nov 13, 2009.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Fellas, I am getting ready to do a seasons end oil change on my five year old PG Ultra and cant remember the quantity and recommended oil weight to use. FYI, its for their Briggs engine. Regarding oil would you recommend a synthetic.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Use any type oil you like;

[​IMG]

3. FERT-TEK

So from that chart I am getting that synthetics are the oil of choice due to their ability to properly lubricate over a greater temp range.

Does anyone here know the volume needed for the Briggs on a 5 y/o PG Ultra?

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Dave,

With the model and type number posted someone can tell you, Without that id be a guess.

Oil type depends on where you live, We were told by Briggs reps it's better to run 40W here in Florida.

5. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

20 oz, pretty sure it says right on the dipstick

6. FERT-TEK

Thanks JB and others. I didnt consider looking at the dipstick. I will give it a look tomorrow.

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I would go straight 30 weight....unless you use it in the winter for salt spreading.

You will end up burning more oil with the multi weight ones in air cooled engines. So they are fine but I would keep an eye on the oil.

8. FERT-TEK

Whats up SOUTH SIDE, I grew up near Archer and Harlem, and went to St Laurence before moving to Bartlett. Thanks for the info.