1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

50,000 flyers = ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smitty58, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

If you were to put out 50,000 flyers how many calls would you expect to get? Have you done this before ,and if so how successful was it?
  2. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

I've never done more than 2,000 at a time and received about 30 immediate responses...more trickled in, referalls from initial call backs etc...My question is why would you WANT to put out so many at one time? The worst thing you can ever do is get too busy to return calls or schedule all the estimates and work...IMO it is much better to target new neighborhoods with 3-400 at a time, especially once you get a foot in the door. It would be akin to wishing everyone in the area would turn to your yellow pages at at the same time...more is not always better.
  3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

my guess is more than 1 and less than 50000 :blob2:
  4. Smitty58

Smitty58 LawnSite Senior Member

grassmasterLLC - you really gave that some thought didn't you.
  5. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

You will get a call from approximately 3% of your fliers and you should be able to close 1% of your fliers. 1% X 50,000 = 500. Wow! better get new work boots now. On the plus side, if I'm close you should be able to pick and choose and charge good money. - Paul
  6. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

500 guaranteed
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Man, I can't even imagine how many calls I'd get from that many flyers. If you put them out at the right time (just when spring is in full swing and stuff is growing fast) you should be able to get between 500-1000 calls easy. But can you handle that many???? I seriously doubt it.
  8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Is there that many homes in your target area? How do you plan on distributing them? USPS?
  9. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's a lot of flyers! I ordered 30,000 just the other day. I have plans for 25,000 of those spread out over 15,000 homes. I am going to have them inserted into neighborhood association newsletters. 9,000 will go to homes once and the other 6,000 homes will get them 3 times over a 3 month period.
  10. JustMowIt

JustMowIt LawnSite Senior Member

We distributed 300,000 last season in 100K increments. The spring ones yielded 1.5 per 1,000 & later in the season 1 per 1,000.

Since we post prices, 95% of calls are ready to sign up.