50 accounts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jsfrk, Jun 4, 2004.

1. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

What's the key to getting at least 50 accounts per week?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

do good work...and throw out a butt load of fliers

Trevor

why is 50 the magic number

3. jsfrk

jsfrk LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I don't know, I just want a least 50 accounts. You wouldn't make much if you did any less than that.

4. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

I do less than that, but make $, the key would be shoot for a $ per week. I only do 15-20 per week, but 1 of those is a large putt-putt course, and the other is a church.

5. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

50 yards at 1k sq feet is the same as 1 property at 50k sq feet. Its quality not quantity. (and how much money ya get :) )

6. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

i concur that pricing will help you make more revenue, but some sort of "quantity" helps as well.

Here is the tip to getting more customers. Get your name seen all the time as much as possible. Make your name the first one that comes to mind if they decide they need a professional service. If you needed a moving truck who would you call? Probably some company with alot of trucks and you see the name alot right? Penske? Uhaul? Etc!

Get your name seen as OFTEN as possible. Then get ready for the Influx of business!
    JMO though

7. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the only way to get 50 accounts done in a reasonable amount of time is knocking out 3+ accounts per stop. it usually takes a while to get 2+ houses at one stop.

less drive time = more mow time

8. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I've got more accounts than that and I'm still not making any meaningful money.

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

9. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

If I was mowing over 50 lawns per week I'd be ecstatic with the money I was bringing in, but each individual's circumstances are different.

Define 'meaningful' What's your overhead?

10. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

No it isn't. There's no doubt in my mind that I'll make more $$$ with the 50 1K lawns....... :rolleyes:

Geez... Every time I read a post by you.. you're pissin' & moanin'? What are you doing about it? :p