50 calls/day!!!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Apr 12, 2005.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

unbelieveable...we are in overdrive....everyone wants the system activated and modifications made yesterday.

we are putting an ad in the paper tomorrow for new office person. need some one who can type a little quicker.

brian

2. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

We have been running at about 40-65 calls a day since late last week with a average of 4 new estimates a day. We start next week full time with high hopes.

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

man, that's a lot of calls.

that's one call every 8 minutes. how are you getting the information before the next call comes in????

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We'll be getting our 30-50 a day probably starting next Monday. Mondays are the worst, and continuing down in numbers thru the week. This snow is still keeping some folks from calling. It's fun working in tee shirts and shorts, working on the sprinklers, and snow all around me.

5. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

yard pro,

we don't. we have a new phone system. if office person is on phone, next call goes to voice mail. voice mail fills up after 30 messages. its crazy to schedule and make everyone happy...everyone has different needs and schedules. with the dificulty of underground and unpredictable nature of irrigation repair scheduling is hectic. therefore, life is crazy.

brian

6. Broker

Same here h20. If someone is on a call then a incoming call goes to voicemail. It is crazy since we find that between 8 & 10am 12-2 and after 5 are the windows when the most calls come in.

7. I couldn't even exaggerate that well...50 per day is major volume. I guess it's because my market is year round....We are averaging 10-20 calls per day..some are tire kickers, some are bids for installs, we are scheduling 10 service calls per day right now..

I guess the difference is that I will do that from April to about Thanksgiving.
    From Thanksgiving to Middle of January it will be 2-4 calls scheduled per day plus installs will still be going at rate of 1 per week approximately.
    Then from January to about March 15th we will do 3-5 calls per day and 1 install per week, maybe 2...

The seasonality of the business in cold climates still amazes me...I can't wait until DanaMac sells his business to me so I can experience this rush of business 2 x per year!

8. Broker

I wish I were exaggerating when every system gets turned on between Mid April and Mid May plus the two main times of the year for installation are Spring and Fall what else do you expect? During the fall it is just as bad. We carry a 800 number so we pay for every call coming in last October we received over 1100 calls plus calls that came into our local number from customers then have been with us before we picked up the 800 number and as you know the whole cell phone that rings during the day.

9. I'm glad mine is spread out a bit more....although it is probably nice to have winters off?

10. Broker

Having the winters off is nice for about 2-3 weeks, the only good thing is when the season starts back up you will have that extra zest that you usually lose towards the end of the season.