50 hp diesel dixie

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JOshua Gallerick, Nov 6, 2001.

1. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

Does anyone run the 50 hp diesel dixie? If so how well do you like or dislike it?

2. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

didnt know they made it, but if they do im sure eric has it or is drooling over it till he does get it

3. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The XXWD5000 has been out for a few years now. I do know of a guy in southern Illinois that has 2 of them, but I don't think he is a LS member.

I do know several members that have a 72" Chopper, but they have either a 25 Kohler, or the twin 20's which is a 40 HP Chopper and we do have a member with 2 XXWD2600's.

I would think the Turbo Yanmar would have to be nothing but a great engine. I'm on my 3rd Yanmar and have had great luck with them and still have 2 of them.

5. Eric ELM

Albemarle Lawn

A group of us went down to the factory for a tour this weekend and I saw several XXWD5000's that just came off the line. I talked to the chief of the diesel line and they have lots of orders for them.

Here is a picture of 2 of them as we walked in the door.

xxwd5000.jpg

6. Nick

Nick Banned

Eric,

Since you were at the factory did you get to try or see a 26 efi on a dixie and if so how was it. Also, any word on them putting a 31 hp gas engine on a dixie.
    Thanks

7. Eric ELM

Nick

From what I heard the XW2600 EFI was at Louisville. They had one at St. Louis too and yes, they are in full production. They had EFI's all over the place. Yes I have driven the XW2600 for over a hundred hours and I like mine a lot.

The Generac won't be in production til July.

8. Nick

Nick Banned

Oh so you have a 26 efi now is this replacing your xwd2600, are you going to put any pics up on you page. The reason I ask is because I will be getting another dc and want something with the power for the heavy spring grass.

9. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

I currently run a 26 diesel. and a 25 Flatlander. The diesel has more power when comparing wet and thick grasses. It keeps on mowing, versus the gas tends to bog down. I have put 500 hours on it this season, and am preparing to pick up a 50hp soon. Its hard to switch back to gas after feeling the power behind the diesel.

Kevin, Indianapolis

10. JOshua Gallerick

JOshua Gallerick LawnSite Member

I agree with you Kevin. The diesel power and fuel mileage is awesome.