50+ inch deck super mini z or super z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 308, Jul 27, 2006.

1. 308

308 LawnSite Member

Hello all, I'm new here but have been gathering info from this site for some time, information here is great.

I Have a new lawn buis I started this summer, so far I've been making my clients happy and I have some growth in clients and I've about hit my limit on work with my current snapper rer.

I have pretty much narrowed my choices of a ztr to hustler, There is a great dealer in Gainesville Fl who has beat all the prices I have found to date.

Here is my question, sorry for being so long winded. Between the super z and the super mini z which do you think would be best for me?
    I'm in Fl so there is no hills, its flat flat flat. the super mini has some trim capacity, 2.25 or so but it does not have the xr7 deck.
    The speeds and price are close enough not to matter that much on a purchase this big ( at least big to me) and I can get the 25 kawi on either machine.
    Is the xr7 deck good enough to over shadow the zero trim capacity on the 54 inch deck? I need the 54 because the 60 won't fit on my trailer.

The lawns I mow have quite a bit of bahaia mixed in them and can be tuff cutting.

I would really like to here from you who have run either or both?
    Thank you for your time....... Joey S

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would go with the 54" XR-7 and add the blade spacers to lower the blades in the deck and it will handle any type of cutting you want to do.

3. 308

308 LawnSite Member

Thanks mowerconsultant, any other opinions? Joey S