1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

50 ton of stone

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by bobbygedd, Mar 3, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

what's your price on 50 ton of 3/8" red stone. picked up, delivered, installed. open areas for instal, no plants nothing to spread around. no gate, open area

2. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

what does it cost you per ton?

Todd

3. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

assuming you'll be putting down heavy grade landscape fabric, and if its wide open and you can use a small skid steer/dingo,somwhere between $4K and $5k

4. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

Bobby ... I'm going to assume a couple of things here ... 1st that a ton of this stone will equal somewhere around 1cubic yard. ...thats allot of stone. ... 2nd I'll assume that you have a tandem to pick it up.....
    Sight unseen Id probably go around 1 cubic yard per hour for production ...so 50 hrs labor
    material cost ...stone and fabric
    equipment cost ____ per hour
    trucking_____ per hour
    general conditions=_____ labor hrs
    profit ____ %

Id be up over 6k

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

the low number on my post was for wide open area, no plants, easy acceess...other wise I'd be around $5k

did allot of stone installs last year and the calculation for mulch works ok for calculating stone amount needed

I love doing stone installs...very profitable and if you can get a small machine involved its not as tough as it sounds..

we dont haul it and have it delivered...max delivery per load is 8 tons

6. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

sounds like 3 tri axels of stone so call the quarry and find out what it cost to deliver to the site_________
    if u can use a machine rental price________
    if it is all open u could get it done in a day so labor plus any other expenses and there u go

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

50 ton is 2 semi loads and with a loader and 1 helper it should be moved and finished raked in 4 hrs easy. We can do a 50 ton drive in 2 hrs with a machine and 1 guy raking edges. I have #57 limestone deleivered for $11.00 ton = 550 plus tax and the extra they through so figure my cost is $625 if oyu need to rent a skidsteer pr front end loader and have it deliever and picked up thets arounf $300 a day. Plus help$125 day total $1050. Then its how much prifit you want to make on the job. I would settle for a 3k profit for 4 hrs work.

Mac