1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

50 years in the making

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by coopers, Jan 16, 2007.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Case celebrates 50 years of making backhoes next month. They have this custom painted and tinted backhoe to show off next month as well.

2. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Those have been the best hoes on the market for a long time.:) Other than replacing a few hyd. lines and batteries, our 580E has been flawless. Im not too crazy about the ann. paint job. They should have added a twist using the power tan paint. Maybe it looks better in person. The tint looks sweet though!
  3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Are they really going to be selling the back version? I don't care for the paint job and tint. However it does look sharp.

I spend a little bit of time in a 580 E. If memory serves me right.
  4. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

They are re-doing a light rail system here and have some black Case rolling around. Hope they have an awesome 50 yr. anniversary deluxe maxi air conditioning package with that black heat soaker. I would prefer something that reflects the suns rays, but Marketing Staff surely knows better than I. Bet they don't sell alot of them in Arizona or Texas during the summer.
  5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I was on the website it did not sound to me like this was a paint scheme that was for sale. The 50 year machines will have different decals and other options but that black paint and window tint is for shows only. Although I am sure they would build one just the way you wanted it if you ask them IE,. pay them.

As far as the black CASE's in Utah. We had a UT contractor up here who paints all his CAT stuff black. I always thought it was so he could sneak it off a job site at night and get it in for more of that excellant CAT service without being seen. Maybe it is just a Utah thing.
  6. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know for sure.....they also have some turquoise blue Cats mixed in on this light rail project.....
  7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone up here laughs at the bright purple grey market Komatsu's so many people seem to have.

8. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I can think of for painting your machine such a radical color is to identify it on someone else's trailer going down the freeway!!
  9. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

After my week of CASE repairs,,, you can have em all! LOL!
  10. dozerman21

dozerman21 LawnSite Bronze Member

Bobcat had a funky paint scheme on some of it's loaders a few years back. I think it was red, white, and blue, but it seems like there was purple in there somewhere. My buddy owned one- Bobcat gave him a "special" deal on it. :) I think it was also an anniversary edition.

XCOPTERDOC- Are you a Case mechanic? Just wondering if you have done much work on the 650K Series 2 dozers, and if they've had any common problems? I've heard pretty good things about them.