1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

500 already out

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by randy2625, Mar 13, 2004.

1. randy2625

randy2625 LawnSite Member

500 out 1500 more to go for this week. Then the val-pak goes out to 10k of luckey people. When i was putting flyers out yesturday talked to this guy got me a 700 doller landscaping job cant wait for that. Then today someone (probley from another company) called asking the basic questions.
  2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

I have an interesting observation to make. This yea I put out a bunch of flyers and signed up 1 new account for the year and have been getting 90% of my new business through word of mouth. It goes to show you how much you rep means.
  3. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

I have 500 out and landed 2 accounts in those 3 days worth of flyers. I have 4500 full color flyers to go and about 17,000 inserts to put in the local paper next week. Recieved 2 calls from my paper insert, but 1 was 25 mins one way and the other wants to play phone games, so I didn't take either of them. But, I have seen the competitions advertising in the area and I'm glad to say that my fliers are much prettier. My sister-in-law even called me and said they recieved a competitiors flyer, and she hadn't recalled seeing mine. She said she'd be embarrassed if she had put that out. After showing her mine, she thought it looked excellent.

So far I've recieved 2 top paying lawn service accounts. And like other have said here before. Look like a pro, Act like a pro, Get paid like a pro........

I think the attractivness of your advertisment is the last thing you want to skimp on when looking for new business...
  4. randy2625

well the flyers i used last year i mad and they sucked black and white got two calls. this year had them made professionly lots of color i will have to see how they go.
  5. codywyomingus

codywyomingus LawnSite Member

I find it's not what the flyers,etc look like as much as what you have to say & offer ! words like professional,dependable,reliable,experianced,flexable scheduling, reasonable prices, quality work, etc!!
  6. codywyomingus

codywyomingus LawnSite Member

also licensed,insured & referances available!
  7. randy2625

i have two coupons on mine one for 10% landscaping and another is when you signup get two free cuts at end of year
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

aww, clever randy. They have to wait until the end of the year for the free cuts. Make them stay with you longer and no drop you early if you offered free cuts up front
  9. randy2625

yep thats what i was gonig for
  10. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

randy, I have those same offers on my flyers as well. it seems to draw people in. they like to see dicounts and free stuff. I'm currently folding my 2000 flyers. I should be done with that by this fall, just in time to miss the whole mowing season